Monday, February 20, 2012

Safety Fair!

Whew!  I am LOOOVING this 3 day weekend!  It is just what I needed to feel rejuvenated again.  My boyfriend's sister and her boyfriend were in town this weekend and took the EARLY flight out this morning (5 am- yikes!).  Luckily the airport is super close to our house.  But an early morning wake up call would normally mean a long day at school- but not this day!  Happy President's Day!!  I have been up and am already looking forward to a mid-afternoon nap sometime today :)  I hope your President's Day is just as relaxing and enjoyable.

This past week, the 2nd graders and 4th graders at my school went to the Safety Fair.  I was a little hesitant at first... Why do 4th graders need the safety fair?!  But the district was providing the buses and so who can say no to a free field trip?

It actually turned out to be pretty awesome!  The booths were relevant and kid-friendly.  My largest concern, the fair being too crowded and busy to hear or do anything, was completely unnecessary because everything was timed so well.  We had every booth pretty much to ourselves and the kids had a lot of fun!  We all even got "hard hats" at the end.  Who doesn't love a good hard hat?

 Yes that is a parrot eating a sucker! (One of my kiddos gave it to him- ahhh!)
 Practice throwing our life preservers to a swimmer
And a little electricity experiment to model power lines.  They were completely focused and interested!

I hope you're enjoying the long weekend and have a wonderful week!

-Kelly Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment