Thursday, July 18, 2013

25 Clever Classroom Tips

Y'all, I have to be honest.  I am in some seriously classroom withdrawal.  Like, what do you mean, "I don't have a classroom to set up this month?"  "What am I supposed to pin on Pinterest this time of year??"  {Teacher Problems}

My FAVORITE time of the year is the beginning.  There's so much hope, promise, and newly sharpened pencils.  Who doesn't love the beginning of the school year?  And with me not having a classroom nearby this year, what am I supposed to do?  Sure, I'll be teaching in Spain- and that surely helps right now- but I'm still seeing things that I'd love to try out this coming year.... and I can't!  So I thought I'd share these little bits with y'all and get my fix of 'classroom set up'!  Please let me live vicariously through you. 

On Facebook, I saw this great article with 25 clever tips for elementary teachers!  To be honest, they're great for all teachers!  Some are new to me and some I've tried... but they're still ingenious ideas. 

I'm really looking forward to trying (or hearing about from you!) the Hershey Kisses & Colored Dots to determine groups.

Who can complain when the get to eat chocolate!?  Kiddos who have the same color get grouped together. 
So stinkin' smart!

Why have I been using notecards?  These are free/cheap and are way cuter!
 

Let's hear it for all the teacher apps that are out there nowadays!  Woot woot!
Remind 101
 
Premade = AWESOME.  I always remember Rafe Esquith, author of Teach Like Your Hair's on Fire reminding teachers that often student's problems, like forgetting homework, are based off more than laziness.  This is a great, and kind, way to remind students that "Hey!  We're all human!  But it's time to take some responsibility and I'm here to help!"


 
 
Who has time to decipher hand writing?  Although we all do it....
 
I'm ALWAYS losing those box tops... seriously...
Magnetic Spice Jars collect Box Tops
 
WHAT!!??  Absolutely brilliant... great for some quick word work and quick responses.  I'm loving this idea. 
Use Vinyl Cutouts on your horseshoe table and they can be written on with dry erase markers
 
Now, there is plenty more brilliantness, so go check out the article, 25 Clever Classroom Tips For Elementary School Teacher by Peggy Wang!
 
Enjoy and definitely let me know what you use and love!
 
Thanks!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment