Monday, July 1, 2013

WOW

Wow is pretty much all I can say about my life these past two months.  WOW in a good way.  An amazing way.  A PTL way.  I have been through so many amazing and exciting life changes these past two months.  The Lord is good.  Life is good. 

About two years ago, my boyfriend and I made a goal to live abroad in Europe in two years.  So last summer, my FIANCE and I put that goal into motion.  We signed up for a TEFL class and began to plan as much as we could.  This past January we applied for a position through the Spanish government and on June 5, 2013 we found out we had been accepted to teach on the Balearic Islands this coming school year!  Then, on June 21, 2013 (just a week ago!) we GOT MARRIED!!! 


So, my husband (EEEEK!!!) and I have been going though these exciting life changes and have been welcoming each and every one of them.

While these changes have been exciting and are life goals for both of us, it's so hard to leave a perfect and awesome teaching job, like the one I had.  I love my principal, I love my school, and I LOVE my teaching partner, Mrs. Cahill.  I feel ridiculous for leaving such a great job while so many amazing teachers are looking for jobs such as mine.  Telling my principal I was leaving was a very challenging conversation.  I may have definitely cried.  But I know this is something WE want to do.  And I am still young.  And we have no kids.  And what perfect way to spend our first year of marriage!? 

So in June we packed up the car, drove away from Colorado, and drove across the country to Savannah, GA where my parents live and where we were getting married. 

 

Now, we're living in my parent's house and passing time visiting family and enjoying life together.  This September we'll fly on over to Spain and begin our teaching careers on Mallorca- an island off the coast of Barcelona!! 

We're excited, nervous, anxious, thrilled, scared, and ecstatic all at the same time... if that's even possible.

But that's why I've been MIA on here.  But now that life is calming down (ha!) and we have some "quiet" time, I will be posting on here about the end of our 2012-2013 school year.  And as we cross over into our new European life, I will be keeping y'all up to date about teaching over there, changing jobs, and any new products that are coming your way.  So please don't give up on MRS. Kelly Anne.  I am grateful for those of you who read my blog and am looking forward to sharing this crazy exciting new adventure with you amazing teachers. 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment