|Save this image to your computer, print, and frame! Enjoy all weekend :)|
- 1 oz. Irish Whiskey
- 1 tsp. Brown sugar
- Hot coffee
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk (Thai Kitchen works well)
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. Vanilla extract
- Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight (or for at least 8 hours)
- Chill a glass bowl in the fridge 10 minutes before removing coconut milk from fridge
- Remove the can from the fridge and try not to wiggle it much prior to opening
- Open the can. Scrape out the thickened cream and leave the coconut water behind (You can use it in a smoothie later!)
- Place your thickened cream in your chilled glass bowl and beat with a whisk for 2 minutes, or until smooth and creamy.
- Slowly add powdered sugar and vanilla extract to the bowl, until your whipped cream is smooth.
- Brew your coffee and set aside
- In your coffee mug, stir together brown sugar and irish whiskey until blended
- Pour coffee over the sugar and whiskey and then slowly pour in fresh whipped cream. (At the risk of sounding ridiculous, take a Boomerang video of the pouring process - trust us, it's pretty.)
- 1 bottle of champagne
- 1 small seedless cucumber, sliced
- 4 oz. sweetened lime juice OR fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, sliced
- 4 oz warm water
- Mint leaves and cucumber slices for garnish
- Rinse and slice the cucumber and place it in a medium-sized bowl.
- To julienne the mint leaves, rinse and dry the leaves, then stack them on top of each other. Starting from a short end, tightly roll the leaves into a round shape. Using a sharp knife, thinly slice the leaves and add them to the bowl with the cucumber.
- Muddle the cucumber, lime juice, water, and mint leaves. Place in fridge to cool up to 12 hours. Tip - for a crisp and tart drink, sub the sweetened lime juice with fresh-squeezed lime juice.
- When ready to serve, add an ounce of the muddled mint mixture to the bottom of the glass. Top off with champagne.
- Garnish with fresh mint and cucumber.