Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Why Use Essential Oils?

If you're like me, you see Essential Oils everywhere but don't want to spend the money or don't know enough about them to make the plunge. Well, I'm here to say - do it! I finally made the leap and I haven't looked back.

What are essential oils? Basically, the best way to think of it is when you see a rosemary plant (or any plant) you take the leaves and rub them between your fingers. That smell you get? That is the essential oil of the plant. 

Why use them? Well, you know how lavender is calming or how sucking on a peppermint can help your memory? Well take those ideas and. put them in oil form. There's an oil to help you conquer everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) and it's a great way to improve parts of your life that you didn't even know were lacking. You can diffuse the oils in a diffuser, rub them on your body with a carrier oil (like coconut oil), or spray them with a spray bottle. The choice is yours! 

I LOVE using oils in my diffuser. For example, I'll throw some Citronella in there whenever I don't want to slather on bug spray. My family and I are heading down to the Bahamas next week and you can bet I'll be packing my diffuser and diffusing Citronella every night while we sleep. (Shoo mosquitos!)

Essential Oils are great for helping you transition into a greener and healthier life. They are perfect for boosting that immune system, helping you breathe, or clearing out stinky smells in your home. I even add a drop of lemon or a drop of peppermint to my water, depending on how I'm feeling that day. Some oils are great at killing bacteria, some help wake you up, some help calm you down, and some ease your symptoms when you're not feeling well (hello ginger oil when I'm nauseous)! Whenever I feel a certain way, I'll just quickly google (or text my friend) to discover what oils will help me most. 

Where to start? Ready to check them out? Leave your e-mail in the comments below or e-mail me at AppleSlices4th@gmail.com. Also, be sure to stop by our Oily Teachers Facebook Group to learn more and see how other teachers are implementing oils in their classroom. I'm here to help you, so please let me know what questions you have, what you want to know about oils, or anything else you're curious about! I truly believe that these guys are powerful, and I want to share them with you! 

5 comments:

  1. Excellent blog! I never see the content like this. Thanks for sharing this content. You can also check the how to download vidmate app through the below link.
    vidmate app download install new version 2018

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding information! Thanks for sharing the post. I want to share the SHAREit app installation details
    shareit for windows xp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post Requard Diffusers,Oil diffuser,diffusers dubai,essential oil diffuser supplier. It shows the great knowledge thanks. For providing this valuable . Information but visit us for Requard niche Information.
    diffusers,oil diffuser,diffusers dubai,essential oil diffuser supplier

    ReplyDelete