Saturday, November 23, 2013

Five for Friday!

Hey y'all!  I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday {just a tad late!}!!  It's almost Turkey Day y'all! Wohoo!  I hope you're looking forward to a much overdue break :)  {Spain obviously doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving!  Shucks!}

But this has been one of those weeks that just flies right by you.  Without any warning.  Like, you blink!  And it's gone...
I feel as if FOOD should be my theme for the week!  We have eaten SO MUCH FOOD this week.  Such as this:
tapas, tapas, tapas!
Or this:
Saturday brunch with friends :)
It's time to lace up those gym shoes and go for a run!  This time of year is always so hard!  
Luckily!  My hubby and I become official residents of Mallorca this week- so we are able to take the city bikes out for rides!  Last night we took them to dinner!  So much fun and SUCH a timesaver!  Love it!

Hubby riding around!
I was dying to take a selfie but decided this was probably dangerous enough for one ride.

I've been teaching all about Thanksgiving this week!!  I am so excited- even if it's not the same in Spain.  I am having a hard time explaining to my students just how we celebrate Thanksgiving.  I've shown pictures, taught vocabulary, and tried explaining it as best I can- but I still don't think they get it.  And I'm okay with that.  I mean, how can you possibly explain a holiday when you stuff your face with all sorts of food, thank those around you for everything you have, and watch football  :) #America

Speaking of cultural differences, I have been reading a professional development book about how different cultures learn to read and write.  SO COOL!  Click on the picture below to learn more about this book.  I am still at the beginning so I do not have much to report yet- but I will write about the book when I finish.  Has anyone else read this?  If so- what did you think?

Amazon

And I don't really have much to say for #5- but this seems to fit pretty appropriately!  Enjoy the break, don't work too hard or too much, {or better yet- at all!} because before you know it- it's gone!!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment