Monday, August 25, 2014

5 Days In!

Tired.  Oh so tired.  5 days in and I can't believe the bags under my eyes will ever go away.  I fall into bed every night and crash, not moving until my alarm goes off at 5.  But I wake up excited and ready-ish to go- Oh the life of a teacher.

Chinese take out, paper plates, and a glass of wine. Typical weeknight dinner.

And so much grading all ready
I am loving my 4th graders and every day we spend together.  I swear some day soon I will blog more than once every Monday- but right now I'm adjusting to life in a new school, learning the quirks of my kiddos, and early mornings.  Oh the early mornings.

So much learning to do!

I forgot how little 4th graders can be.  It's been a while since I started my year with them... and it has been quite an adventure.  Some of our 4th grade antics will kick off our Monday letters...

Dear 4th Graders... Thank you for reminding me never to take life too seriously with your oh-so-serious quips, like when I told you to "double check your entry," and you reply "isn't that a big meal?"  or when we're brainstorming what we know about the government, and you write "spream cork." Thank you for reminding me it's okay to laugh out loud sometimes frequently. 

Dear Classroom... Oh classroom.  You forgot how loud it could be.  How messy it could be.  And how silly it could be.  Thank you for hiding my paper-piles in your cabinets, being open so it's easy to air out those student smells, and for your amazing windows with their natural light, offering a soothing and welcoming environment. 

Dear Hubby... thank you for waking up early every day with me, making me lots of coffee and lunch, and sending me out the door.  Your support {and coffee} makes my day so much smoother.  There's no way I could do it without you!

Dear Kitty Cat... Happy 5th birthday!  We missed you so much while we were in Spain and are thrilled to have you back in our home after living with your "grandparents" for nearly a year.  Your "barks" at birds, love for raw chicken and turkey lunch meat, and frequent snuggles, are a much welcome part of our lives. 




 Inspired by Elle & Co., Monday Letters is a weekly installment where I write four letters each week.  Two letters are to my classroom or are school related.  The other two are for anything else in my world during that week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment