Monday, June 23, 2014

Monday Made It {Interview Style}

http://4thgradefrolics.blogspot.com/2014/06/monday-made-it-summer-week-4.html

Who doesn't love their grandmother's style?  (Sheepishly raising my hand)  I know that some grandmothers have great style, but this isn't one of those stories.  So, while we were still in Spain, I was {obviously} unable to interview in South Carolina.  So all of my interviews were done through Skype.  And I was living in a furnished apartment... that looked like it had been decorated by an 80 year old Spanish woman.  Which it had been... but that didn't make it easy to find a cute place around the piso to interview.  Since it's already hard enough to really get to know someone over Skype, I wanted the  area on the camera to show me.  The best light and open space {note- also the cleanest} was the big table in our living room.  However, I could either sit in front of a boring and blank white wall {not happening}, or I could sit in front of two, shall we say, tacky pictures. 

Here's one of them...

I tried to take the pictures out of their frames, but it wasn't possible.  SO, I resorted to the only thing I could think of... I created a pretty picture, printed it out on regular paper, and taped it over the tacky framed pictures!!  It wasn't great, but it sure as heck looked better than the before pictures!  And I got a job!  So it must have worked, right??  {More about my job coming tomorrow!!}

Haha a little ridiculous, but it did the trick :)
I'm sharing the pictures I created for free here and here!  Just download the images from dropbox and print in whatever size you want! 




https://www.dropbox.com/s/uvwdifp9otcef2m/Slide2.JPG













Sometimes you've gotta do what you've gotta do :)  Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Monday! 

3 comments:

  1. Genius solution! Does getting a job mean you are coming back to the USA?

    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am! I am so excited to be back in the states!!

      Delete
  2. Hee hee. Love your creativity. No wonder they hired you!

    ReplyDelete