Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Tuesday Catch Up & Help Please!

So, a little life update is completely necessary.  I feel like I'm a little all over the place these days.  Am I living in Spain?  Georgia?  South Carolina?  Some days I'm not even sure, BUT we're back from Spain!  And living with my family in Savannah, GA until we move to South Carolina next month {hooray!!}.   While we miss Spain, it's so nice to be home.  If you follow me on Instagram, then you know I went to Target yesterday for the first time in 10 months.  1)  Products in English= Amazingness 2)  Nothing beats Target and their beautiful binders... nothing!! 


And just day to day tasks are much simpler here.  Again, it's nice to be home. 

And in other news, I am super excited to share that I have been offered a job teaching 4th grade in Greenville, SC.  I taught 4th grade my first two years of teaching- so I'm really excited to go back to that grade level.  And fourth graders are so much fun!  AND the best news yet, came this morning in an e-mail from my new principal.  I am being given about $450 to spend on my new classroom!!  WHAT?  I know- I don't know where the money is coming from or WHY- but I know more than enough to argue with anyone telling me to go spend, especially these days!!  So now I need some help!  I plan on spending about half the money stocking up on new books for my classroom library {you can never have too many!}.  And I won't see my classroom until tomorrow- so I'll learn more then... BUT, what should I be considering for my must haves?  Here's some of the items I'm thinking about... Mainly {okay, entirely...} consisting of math manipulative right now {I mean, let's be honest... you can never have enough math manipulatves...}But what am I forgetting?  What else should I include? 




Be sure to stop by tomorrow and Thursday for some new book club material!  This summer has brought so much great reading time!  I am one happy reader :)

Happy Tuesday, all!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job! I'm super jealous of the money you get to spend on your classroom!

    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Congratulations on the new job! When you see your new room, you'll get to see if the other teacher left any books or manipulatives. Also, you'll need book bins to organize your classroom library - I bought mine at the Dollar Store or Target. There is so much to buy to get your room organized. I'm excited to hear what your new room looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your 4th grade teaching position!!!

    ReplyDelete