Monday, September 16, 2013

Oh my goodness! Who would've thunk it??

Do you ever have a moment where you want to be all like, Noooo, that can't be right.  Wait.  Me?  Well that moment came when I was checking my e-mail last night. 


I was nominated for a Liebster Award by the super adorable Jamie from over at Life as I Know It!  Thanks Jamie!!

With all the craziness in my life right now I am shocked and honored that someone nominated me for such an award.  But I'm super excited by it.  In order to accept the Liebster Award, you need to share my link and then {drum roll puhlease}.........
1)  Post 11 random things about yourself.
2)  Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3)  Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate. 
4)  Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and a link to them in your post.
5)  Let them know you nominated them by commenting on their blog!

11 Random Things About Me:  {Just a heads up:  They're super random}

1)  I love college football!!  I was born and raised an Ohio State fan and then went to the University of South Carolina.  So I am all about them Gamecocks! 

Go Gamecocks!!

 
2)  I have a thing for all cardigans.  Like, I buy them all.the.time.  They're perfect for every type of weather.  Even Summer!  And are absolutely necessary to have in every color.  Have you ever been freezing in a restaurant??  Yea, cardi's are perfect. 
3)  My life is one huge mess right now.  In a good way.  My husband and I are moving to Spain on TUESDAY.  That's right- tomorrow.  We move.  To a new country.  Somewhere we've never been before.  And neither of us are super fluent in Spanish.  Please pray for us.  We'll be teaching English.

 
4)  I love Jesus.  Growing up my family was never super religious.  I mean, we went to church but it was rarely more than that and saying prayers at dinner.  I'm determined to change that now.  Jesus is the constant in my life and I pray He uses me for His purpose all the time.
5)  I just got married in June!!!!



6)  I love to travel.  I've been many places with my family, on my own, and with my now husband.  I hope to travel a lot when we live in Spain. I am an adventurer at heart.  My family and my husband's family go to the beach every year.  I love the salt water and the sand between my toes.  And an ice cold Corona as the sun sets.



Probably my favorite picture of all time
 
 
7)  I say words backwards.  A lot.  In my head... Not out loud.  Does that make it any less weird??
8)  I love to hike and be outside.  I love the sky and everything nature has to offer.  Camping?  Yes please!  I love it all. 

That's me!!
 
 

9)  I LOVE love love my job as a teacher.  I love being in a classroom full of kiddos.  Not every day is easy but every day is different and challenging and pushes me to grow as an individual.  I would not change anything about it!


Just holding a bag of dead frogs- no biggie.
10)  I have the best family.  They support me and my husband, love us unconditionally, and laugh and cry with us.  We are truly blessed and I thank Him every day for them.  I cannot imagine life without my family, no matter how near or far we are. 

None of us live in the same state!  Here we're representing Georgia, Ohio,
Virginia, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Florida, and Pennsylvania. 
 
Me and my lil' bro
11)  I love riding bicycles and taking pictures... not at the same time.  But I've reached number 11 and had to squeeze two into one.  Taking pictures and riding bikes around are the best. 


And Jamie left some questions for me to answer as well....

1)  What does your Friday night look like? 
     Usually my Friday night looks pretty low key :)  It usually starts with happy hour after work and then hanging out with my hubby or with our friends at someone's house!  I love just lounging after a week of work.  And I love feeling rested when I wake up Saturday morning!
2)  What is your dream vacation?
     My dream vacation is somewhere new.  I am always up for a new vacation and rarely like to travel to the same place twice. 
3)  Who is your celebrity crush?
     My celebrity crush is JTT.  Okay... I know this seriously dates me.  But Jonathon Taylor Thomas is just too adorable.  My heart still goes atwitter just thinking about him...
4)  What is your favorite type of music?
     I love all types of music, it really just depends on my mood.  Right now I'm listening to Pandora's Coffeeshop Station and it's just perfect.
5)  Who do you look up to the most?
     I look up to my Mom the most.  I know it's cliché but it's just true.  My Momma is the one who shows me how to live, how to be a good wife, how to be a good daughter.  I respect her so much and am grateful that I have her to look up to.
6)  What is your favorite accessory?
     Scarves.  Lots and lots of scarves.
7)  What's your favorite holiday?
     Christmas!  There is something just so magical about the month of December.  You can't beat it.
8) If you could have any other profession other than teaching, what would it be?
      I think I would be a foodie.  I love eating... a travel foodie maybe??
9)  What's your favorite subject to teach?
      My favorite subject changes on a daily basis.  Especially depending on what unit we're doing.  I usually love writing, but sometimes I am just so into teaching math or science.  Or reading! 
10)  What's your favorite food?
     Artichokes.  YUM!  Steamed and with lemon juice. 
11)  Why did you start blogging?
     I started blogging to document my life as a teacher.  It forces me to look at what I'm doing as a educator.  I have met so many great bloggers and love seeing what other teachers are doing in their classrooms.  Blogging humbles me and pushes me to be better.  Always.

And my questions for my Nominees!
1)  What are you most passionate about?
2)  Who do you look up to?
3)  What is your go to "teacher" book?
4)  What do you like to do on Sunday night?
5)  What do you wear after work?
6)  What's your favorite store?
7)  What's your all time favorite song?
8)  What's your favorite movie?
9)  What's your favorite meal to make?
10)  What is your favorite place you've traveled?
11)  How did you feel when you found out about your nomination for the Liebster Award?

And here are the blogs I have chosen for a Liebster Award!  {I know it's not 11 but I am still trying to find blogs that have less than 200 followers and have not already been nominated that I love as much as I love these guys!  I'll add to this as I find them}
1)  Martina at The Hungry Teacher
2)  Megan at A New Box of Crayons
3)  Lacey at The Fabulous Life of an Elementary Teacher


Check out my Instagram account and Facebook and follow me!  I have been boring and quiet as of late- but with our move TOMORROW, I will have lots to share!!

AND I've almost reached 100 followers on Instagram!  As soon as I do I will be hosting a giveaway to celebrate!!  Be sure to check back SOON!  **Fingers crossed**



 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness..I'm the worst bloggy friend EVER. For some crazy reason, I don't have my blog set to send me an email when someone comments on a post {going to figure out how to do that NOW}..soooo I just saw your Liebster Award nomination today. Over a month after being nominated :/ But, no worries, I'm thisclose to reaching 200 followers, so I'll do my Liebster post before I do! Thank you sooo much for the nomination!!

    Lacey
    The Fabulous Life of an Elementary Teacher

    ReplyDelete