Sunday, October 13, 2013

Holy loud Spanish kids!

Holy cow!  I love my Spanish students, but man are they LOUD!  I'm not sure if it's an excitement thing, a cultural thing, or a kid thing... or a combination of all three... but they sure are noisy!  Days 1, 2, 3, and 4 are complete and went smoothly.  It's fun getting to experience the Spanish education system {there are so many differences, but that's a whole different blog post} and work in a new environment.  For the most part, I've been getting into a routine and learning the expectations.  But on Thursday I started getting to pull small groups.  I have my own little classroom... complete with a CHALKboard, and about 20 minutes for each group.
When was the last time you used a real chalkboard?
This week I worked with 5th and 6th graders.  But next week I will also have groups of 1st graders and groups of high school seniors!  Such a large age difference!  We are going to continue building their knowledge of the alphabet and numbers, but then I'm going to start teaching some vocabulary.  If anyone has some suggestions for how to do this- PLEASE let me know!

I'm going to start with a Halloween theme since that's easy and festive.  But I don't speak much Spanish so it's hard to communicate... so I'm trying to be SUPER organized and planned out!!  I have been scouring Pinterest for lots of ideas, but our internet decides to only work half the time so I'm trying to be creative on my own.  Whew!  It's been a while since I haven't had the help of y'all's blogs and the internet to help me plan! I forgot how hard it was.

Halloween Vocab, Flashcards, and a Crossword Puzzle!
On Friday I was invited to got to join my hubby's 5th grade class on their field trip to the nearby Bellver Castle!  It was built in 1311 by King James II of Mallorca.  It is unique because it is one of the only round castles in Spain!  Soooo cool.


I'm so happy to be back in a classroom but am very nervous to see how this new adventure goes.  I'll be back last in the week to share some more of what we're doing to build up these kiddo's English!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment