Monday, October 14, 2013

It's the "end" of the strike

TIL is the program the government is trying to enforce.
Well, the strike is pretty much over.  Don't ask me what that means because I'm not exactly sure.  But from what I understand, almost all of the schools are back to work and have started their school year {nearly a month after they were supposed to}.  There wasn't a complete settlement- but the government is going to provide English classes for all teachers for the next two years.   After two years, they will be expected to teach 33% of their school day in English.  I'm not exactly sure how you can do that... but that's the new expectation.  I assume I will learn more about it as the school year continues, but isn't that crazy!!?  Can you imagine having two years to become fluent in Spanish so that you could teach at least two subjects a day in complete Spanish?  Whew!  Major props to these teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment