Sunday, February 24, 2013

Hall Pass Linky!

I am super excited to be joining up with Miss Reagan Tunstall's Hall Pass Linky today!  (Go check out her fabulous blog AND her adorrrable classroom.  Seriously.  It's beautiful.)


And the rules are......

I absolutely wish I could have a Hall Pass some days.  Especially with state testing around the corner! 

P- My favorite product I've made... hmmmmm.  I would have to say it's a Free one!  I LOVE my multiplication game I created.  I needed a game for my kiddos that reviewed multiplication facts (that wasn't just flash cards). And this game is so simple.  My kiddos love it and I love that it can be differentiated in no time at all.  I have several students playing this game every single day.  LOVE.  It's so funny how the simplest things can be the most effective. 

A- Area... my favorite area in my classroom has to be my horseshoe table.  I just love meeting there with my learners.  It's where we meet for almost all of our small groups (unless I feel like sitting on the floor or venturing out into the hall), where our kiddos go if they need help, or want to brag about how much they've grown, or want to talk, or need to talk.  And it doesn't hurt that my comfy chair is there too...  So my horseshoe table is where everything happens.  And from here I can see just about everything that goes on in the room.  As you can see, here...


S- Signals are vital to every classroom.  And I love how they're so unique to each teacher.  I have a ton of signals I use to keep my kiddos on their toes.  But my all time fav has to be one I learned from my mentor teacher during student teaching- snapping my fingers.  When students hear me snapping my fingers, they have to stop what they're doing, zip their lips, and start snapping too!  It's so funny to see them snapping (or trying to snap!).  And it allows them to wrap up what they're working on and then join us in the snapping. 

S- Oh sanity... I am amazingly fortunate to be working in a school that has Fridays off.  We still have work days on Fridays... but no kiddos.  {It's all kinds of amaaaazing}  I love going into work early on Friday mornings, while the building is quiet and nearly empty, and getting on my laptop and scowering blogs and pinterest for teaching inspiration for the next week.  I always try to have my lesson planning finished by Friday afternoon, so this is how I jump start my planning.  I drink my coffee, eat my greek yogurt, and plan away.  It keeps me sane for the weekend and is a great way to wrap up my busy week. 

What's your Hall Pass?  Join the linky over at Miss Turnstall's Blog and link up!

No comments:

Post a Comment